When it comes to traveling and exploring Germany, you probably have some plans of your own already, and while going by yourself or with your friends surely is going to be loads of fun, nothing really beats an AK Erasmus group trip! Once every semester we rent a bus, pack it full with Karlsruhe’s wildest party people (a.k.a. international students!), and head off on a 3 day weekend trip to Germany’s biggest and most vibrant cities: Hamburg and Berlin!
Our Hamburg trip is usually scheduled for mid-June (when final exams are still far away!), and Berlin is traditionally calling in early December. In 2016, for the first time ever, our Berlin trip will be organized in collaboration with ESN Germany and will be run under the title “Spree Break” (the Spree is the river flowing through Berlin). This is also the reason why this year we will be going a bit earlier than usual, i.e. in November.
Both trips usually clock in at around 125€ for which you will get the following:
- Transportation to and from Hamburg/Berlin in a comfortable bus coach
- Accommodation for the weekend (usually in a shared room in a youth hostel), breakfast included!
- A guided city tour to show you all the important sights
- A crazy night program in famous bars and cool clubs (entrance is usually included!)
- Optionally: Cultural events such as museums, a visit to the German Bundestag (our parliament), musicals or theater shows, etc.
This is usually not only a lot cheaper than going by yourself, but you also save yourself the trouble of having to organize everything by yourself. Plus you get to go with all your international friends, both the ones you have already and the new ones you will make on the trip! 😉